Harlequin Sheep Prices
2014 brings great change to Six Wags! We want more people to become acquainted with and fall in love with Harlequin sheep. Normally each Harlequin is priced according to several; factors and can range from $450 to $1200+ each.
However, in order to make Harlequin sheep an option to everyone and to help spread the breed throughout the US we are making the following unheard of offer:
That means right now, you can secure your Harlequin lambs according to the following prices:
- EWE lambs (normally $1000+) $600 each, blue eyes $800
- RAM lambs (normally $450+) $500 each, blue eyes $700
- Wethered rams $375 (if we have any)
Right now, wethers are a rarity as we need intact rams to help spread this amazing breed. Wethers may be available if they do not meet breeding standards. This could mean you get a brown/black or very little white on your wether.
No matter what the color one thing,remains the same and that's the Harlequins people oriented personalities
Some of the factors that usually influence the price are:
- Blue eyes or partial blue eyes
- Color of fleece. Fancy spots are more expensive than a more singular color. Even our more singularly colored sheep carry the spotting and blue eye genes. Like with all sheep - you never know what you'll get when breeding!
- As with other breeds, ewes are generally more expensive - but a ram with blue eyes will come at a premium.